Welcome to Central Florida
Fast-growing areas in and around the sunny city of Orlando
Located in the centermost region of peninsular Florida, Central Florida compromises a large portion of Florida’s most sought-after cities. While Central Florida encompasses the areas inside metropolitan Orlando, it also includes several nearby counties as well. Orange, Osceola, Polk, Seminole, Sumter, Lake, Brevard, and Volusia counties provide their residents with year-round vacation living. Sprawling Mediterranean and Spanish-style homes, coastal contemporary humble abodes, and Victorian architecture can be found throughout Central Florida. With breezy, warm weather, close proximity to lakes and natural springs, and world-class entertainment, Central Floridians have no reason to leave this renowned region of America’s sunshine state.
What to Love
- Home to premier theme parks and cutting edge entertainment
- Surrounded by vast lakes and natural springs
- Lively downtowns with premier shopping and first-class dining
- A short ride to world-renowned beaches like Cocoa Beach and Clearwater Beach
Residents of Central Florida live in a permanent state of relaxation. Most areas support an urban-suburban ambiance with easy access to Florida’s natural beauty and abundance of eateries, shopping, and fun attractions. Its endless amenities, beautiful views, and vibrant communities continue to make Central Florida one of the most desired places to live.
Dining, Entertainment & Shopping
Exceptional cuisine, dazzling entertainment, and elite shopping districts blanket the entirety of Central Florida. Soak in beautiful views of Orlando’s sparkling city skyline while partaking in an elegant, fine-dining experience at The Pinery
. Enjoy delectable entrees like brisket mac and cheese, spicy clam linguine, and Florida grouper, or peruse their extensive list of handcrafted cocktails. Immerse yourself in authentic German fare with popular dishes like Bauern Schnitzel and flammkuchen at Hollerbach’s
, or order American favorites at upscale eatery Hillstone Restaurant. Spend the afternoon at Top Golf
, a massive entertainment venue with a state-of-the-art driving range and social lounges serving local draft beers, signature drinks, and shareable appetizers. Treat yourself to a staycation at the Grand Bohemian Hotel in downtown Orlando. Cool off at its modern rooftop pool, get a relaxing massage at Poseidon Spa
, or have brunch inside The Boheme where you’ll enjoy a live jazz performance and all-you-can-drink mimosas. Shopaholics flock to The Mall of Millenia
for high-end designer favorites like Gucci, Hermes, Jimmy Choo, Christian Louboutin, and David Yurman.
Things to Do
Central Floridians will never grow bored with the abundance of activities offered year-round. Nature enthusiasts will enjoy swimming or floating in Kelly Park’
s warm natural spring or pitching a tent in one of the park’s campsites. Wekiwa Springs State Park offers miles of wooded trails by foot, bike, or horseback and cerulean waters for wading, canoeing, or kayaking. On Saturdays, peruse the aisles of Winter Park’s Farmers’ Market
, which boasts fresh produce, local honey, baked goods, and more. Cheer the Knights on to victory at a University of Central Florida game or take the family to Universal Studios for the day. In Central Florida, the possibilities are endless.
There are numerous school districts serving Central Florida, including award-winning Orange County Public Schools. Noteworthy institutions include:
- Avalon Middle School, an intermediate Orange County Public School serving grades sixth through eighth, was nominated as a 2021 National Blue Ribbon School by the U.S. Department of Education for its dedication to closing achievement gaps for its students.
- West Shore Junior and Senior High, a seventh through twelfth-grade secondary school in the Orange County School District, was nominated as a 2018 National Blue Ribbon School for its top student performance by state measures and has several other accolades, including the Achievement Through Technology and Innovation Award and Excellence in Visual Arts award.